Level 6 Diploma in Accounting and Finance Management
GLU’s Level 6 Diploma in Accounting and Finance is designed to provide students with a practical understanding of the techniques, principles and knowledge in accounting and finance.The qualification encourages learners to critically evaluate current academic concepts, theories, and research in order to address key issues in Accounting and Finance. Learners will develop an understanding of current practice together with specialist analytical skills and knowledge in a range of aspects of financial management and accounting.
Mode of study:
This course is an online learning course supported by online facilities and it can be studied from anywhere in the world without attending classes or meeting face-to-face with tutors.
To join this course you should have:
- Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Finance or other business related subject
- Secondary leaving certificate with Business and Mathematics plus minimum 3 years of work experience in a business setting
Applicants are expected to have a good level of English skills. Also, applicants are expected to have mastery level of literacy and numeracy.
Duration of the Course
This is a flexible online course and offers you the opportunity to study with the pace that is most suitable for your life schedule. Its completion time therefore depends on the learner’s dedication and effort; however it could be completed in as short as five months, but 720 Guided Learning Hours must be covered.
There are 6 mandatory and 2 optional units to complete to earn this award You cannot progress to any unit before paying for it.
The learning outcomes of the program include:
- communicate knowledge and understanding of several of the major contexts within which accounting operates, based on a critical evaluation of related theoretical and conceptual frameworks and of empirical evidence as to its effects;
- communicate knowledge and understanding of, and appropriate ability to use and critically evaluate, current and major alternative technical languages and practices of accounting, together with appropriate ability to apply them;
- record and summarise financial data and prepare financial statements;
- manipulate financial and other numerical data and appropriate understanding of and ability to apply mathematical and statistical concepts;
- communicate and apply knowledge and understanding of the principles of business information systems management at an appropriate level;
- analyse business activities and perform financial analyses and projections in appropriate contexts of planning, decision making and control at an appropriate level; and to recognise the limitations of these techniques;
- communicate knowledge and understanding of financial management, risk and the operation of financial markets at an appropriate level, based on critical evaluation of theories and empirical evidence.
Full course fee = $1528.00
Fee per module = ($191.00)